- 8 oz tuna steak, cut into 3 pieces or 1 12 oz can tuna
- 4 T extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 t freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 t chopped fresh rosemary 0r 1 t dried, divided
- 1/2 t salt, divided
- 1/4 t freshly ground pepper
- 6 oz whole-wheat rotini or penne pasta or 1/2 spaghetti squash
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 1/4 c sliced olives
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1/2 c fresh spinich, wilted
- 1/4 c chopped fresh basil for garnish
- 1/4 c shredded parmesan
- If grilling, preheat grill to medium-high. Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Toss tuna pieces in a bowl with 1 T oil, lemon zest, 1 t fresh rosemary (or 1/2 t dried), 1/4 t salt and pepper. Grill the tuna until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. When cool enough to handle, flake the tuna into bite-size pieces.
- If using canned tuna, drain and toss in a bowl with 1 T oil, lemon zest, 1 t fresh rosemary (or 1/2 t dried), 1/4 t salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Or microwave 1/2 spaghetti squash on a plate in 2 T water for 5-8 minutes until fork tender. When cool enough to handle, fork the squash into noodles.
- Heat the remaining 3 T oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add artichoke hearts, olives, garlic and the remaining rosemary. Cook, stirring, until the garlic is just beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are broken down, about 3 minutes more. Wilt spinach in a separate pan and stir in with the noodles, tuna pieces, lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 t salt; cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Garnish with basil (or parsley) and parmesan, if desired.