- 2 T cornstarch
- 1-1/4 c chicken broth
- 2 T soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 T canola oil, divided
- 1/2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 sm green and red pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 t grated fresh ginger root
- 1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 c salted cashews
- cooked rice or cauliflower rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce/coconut aminos until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 T oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry the mushrooms, green pepper, onions and ginger in remaining oil until green pepper is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken, water chestnuts and cashews; heat through.
- Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice/cauliflower rice.