We thank you, O God!
We give thanks because you are near.
People everywhere tell of your wonderful deeds.
Psalm 75:1 (NLT)
When was the last time you told others of the wonderful deeds the Lord has done? Have you paused lately to consider exactly what wonderful deeds He has done for you? He’s provided us sunlight, air, food, life. Those are some of the obvious. Maybe a family? A job? A home? But what are some wonderful deeds of which we might not be aware?
A peek into Paul’s letter to the Ephesians begins to unpack a few of these wonderful things:
- Long before God laid down earth’s foundations, He had us in mind
- God settled on us to be the focus of His love
- God planned for us to be made whole and holy by His love
Wonderful, wouldn’t you agree? But it doesn’t stop there.
- God decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ!
- God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! (Go ahead. Imagine. Guess. Request. He does far more. And that’s quite wonderful)
Paul also told the Romans
- God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
- We have a wonderful new relationship with God—all because of what our Lord Jesus Christ has done in dying for our sins—making us friends of God.
Peter also chimes in, in his first letter, with more wonderful things God has done.
- What a God we have! And how fortunate we are to have him, this Father of our Master Jesus! Because Jesus was raised from the dead, we’ve been given a brand-new life and have everything to live for, including a future in heaven—and the future starts now! God is keeping careful watch over us and the future.
- But you are the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chosen to be a holy people, God’s instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you—from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted.
In his second letter, Peter tells us God will give you, through his great power, everything you need for living a truly good life: he even shares his own glory and his own goodness with us!
Just a few of the amazing and wonderful things God has done for us. And there is so much more. This month, delve into the letters in the New Testament, give God thanks, and tell people everywhere of His wonderful deeds.
Heavenly Father, You have done such wonderful things for me. More than I can imagine. More than I can grasp or understand. As I rise each morning, blessed by the day You have given, bless me also with new insight into Your wonderful deeds. Let me live as one living a new life, a chosen life, a called life, and a good and holy life, ready to tell everyone who asks, the reason for the hope I have.
Grace and Peace