Another healthy, gluten free, option. I’ve combined several different recipes to come up with one we like. This one is a crock pot/slow cooker meal. Serves 6-8.
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c mushrooms, chopped
- 1 T curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 T cornstarch
- Fresh or frozen vegetables of choice (green beans, baby or sliced carrots, peas, sliced zucchini)
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place in crockpot.
- Add green beans, carrots, peas.
- In a 4 cup measuring cup, combine coconut with onion, celery, garlic, mushrooms, and seasoning. Pour over everything.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Combine cornstarch with 1/4 c warm water. Add to crockpot.
- Add zucchini and apple slices. (I add them near the end so they don’t break down into mush)
- Cook on low for 1 hour.
- Serve with cauliflower rice, if desired.