Another healthy, gluten free, option. We tried this one out for the first time and the husband decided it’s a keeper (not all the recipes I find are keepers).
2 T lime juice
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 T oil
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut in 1/2 inch pieces1 zucchini, quarted and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 yellow summer squash, quarted and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 can black beans, drained
1 can corn giblets, drained (or 1 cup frozen)
1/3 c picante sauce or salsa
2 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- Mix lime juice, chili powder, garlic, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Stir in chicken until well coated. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Add marinated chicken and stir fry until chicken is no longer pink in center, about 5-6 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add 1 T oil to skillet and coat bottom. Add zucchini and yellow squash and stir fry until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in black beans, corn, chicken, picante sauce and cilantro and cook until hot, about 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish as desired with: avocado, diced tomatoes, sliced olives, chopped lettuce, shredded mexican cheese.